Does the small bumps on testicle indicate STD?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question:
Okay so I have two very very small bumps on my testicle near my inner thigh they almost looks like blisters but they don't look like they have any liquid in them, they don't itch or give me any type of pain at all even when I touch them. I haven't had sex in over a year so I dont know what it could be but I'm still nervous that it could be a STD. I also haven't shaved in months.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No worries, inlikely to be an acute STD

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I really do not think it should be a sexually transmitted infection. If it were the case, common diseases that present themselves as bumps are genital herpes. However, with herpes, the evolution is rapid, bumps are itchy are painful and do contain some clear fluid.

It might be of interest to get the bumps incised and to drain their contents. Using an antiseptic solution before the procedure is of great importance to avoid any infection by skin germs after incision.

Not shaving on its own is not a major risk of developing infection. However, long hair predispose hair follicles around this area to easily get inflammed. When this inflammation becomes chronic, it is not rare to observe bumps that could be formed as such.

In case you get the incision and drain, and do not get any favorable outcome, the opinion of your doctor could of useful. Genital warts could be something to think of at this point.

For now, I really do not think you need to bother that much. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T