Does the clap treated successfully has any long-term effect on the reproductive system?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My son came down with "the clap" back in 2014...He was treated at an ER,within a month..with an injection and pills.but are there any long term effects involving sterility that he should be aware of since he's now thinking of starting a family?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
"The clap" is easily treated and without permanent side effects in a man.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

The permanent complications are rare in this problem. It depends on the stage of the disease how many of these complications arise, but the prognosis is excellent if appropriate treatment given.
No treatment failures have been reported from statistics. Neither the treatment has no complications that will affect his reproductive system.

So I would not be much worried about having problems with sterility if your son has taken the treatment.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad