Does tennis elbow release helps to cure tinnitus?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Tennis elbow release to help tinnitis? Or what other steps to help tinnitis i've had 10 yrs.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Tennis elbow release can decrease the pain around your elbow but is not likely to help with the tinnitus you are having.
Tinnitus for last 10 years is indicative of a middle ear disease. There may be a damage to the nerve endings responsible for hearing due to aging.
You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.
You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.