question-icon

Does taking Saaz 500 for long period of time cause any side effects?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015
Question: i am Mrs. haritha aged 26 working as bank officer at mumbay. I have complaint of back pain. and consulted first by ortho and finaly by Rheumatologist and giagonised positive of HLA B27. and preescribed medicine "SAAZ 500 . I have been taking this medicine since February 2015 daily 3 tablet. Now no back pain.
1.how long i have to continue this medicine?
2.any side effect to pregnency?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Should be given for 6 months

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Saaz 500 is given for a prolonged period of time. Some of my patients are on it for more than 2 years now.
Saaz 500 can be taken during pregnancy however you should be on folic acid supplements. If you are planning to have a child then I suggest you to take Folic acid 5 mg daily. I also recommend you to stop taking Saaz during the first and the second trimester. However please speak to your doctor before taking these decisions.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist