Does swallowing extremely hot food require medical attention?

ENT Specialist
I just ate some food that was to hot felt the heat in my stomach by the time I swallowed it was to late I drank some water after but felt the heat outside my skin a little only one bite what is it I need to do?

The food that I ate was egg also if that helps the answer when I swallowed to fast don't realize that it was so hot.

Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hot food injury

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
You are probably having the symptoms due to either hot food or acidity. Another possibility is allergy to the food item.
If you are allergic to eggs, take an anti allergic otherwise Drink some cold milk and take an antacid.
Avoid any aerated drinks or spices that might aggravate the symptoms.
Relax, the symptoms will subside in sometime.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards