Does swallowing Listerine cause any problems ?
5'11' 220# The quantity was less than a mouthful..
Thanks for the query
Accidental swallowing of Listerine mouth wash in small quantities usually does not cause any problems. So do not worry.
You need to drink plenty of water to dilute the swallowed Listerine. Watch out for any problems like drowsiness, nausea and vomiting. Please do consult your doctor at the earliest if these symptoms occur.
As the Listerine contains small quantities of alcohol, it might cause some intoxication making you little drowsy. So beware about that too.
Hope I have answered your query adequately. If you have any more doubts, I am available for follow ups.
Dr. Naveen Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Baby swallowed listerine
- Listerine swallowed during pregnancy
- Accidentally swallowed listerine
- Can swallowing listerine cause bloating
- Child swallowed listerine
- My daughter swallowed listerine
- Swallowed listerine by accident
- Swallowed some listerine pregnant
- Swallowed listerine can cause what?
- Does swallowing listerine cause any problems
- Small multi-nodular goiters,elevated T3 in thyroid profile,TSH and T4...
- Blocked ears, dizziness, BP 120/66, tooth removal done recently, fever
- Fell and injured jaw, stiff neck, swollen lymph node, fever, neck pain
- What should I do if I have heartburn, tenderness at the base of my throat?
- How to treat watery eyes ?
- How to treat allergic rashes due to medications ?
- Hard,tender lump on side of face,lump rolls,eyelid swollen after tick...
- Throat tightens,unable to sleep,generic of nexium,generic for...
- What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue?
- Chinese herbal creams, eczema ointment, base cream from company,...