Does strep cause fever, sore throat with white spots?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: Grand daughter has fever of 101 and has sore through the with white spots in through the, is this strep?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible, needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Sore throat with white spots and fever of 101 cold be bacterial infection and strep could be a possibility. Mono could present like this as well. Get a throat swab of her and get her to a paediatrician for some antibiotic and tylenol for fever and bacterial coverage. Warm salt water gargles, good oral hygiene and supportive home remedies like warm comforting beverages, fluids will help.

I hope it helps. Take good care of her and of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan