Does steroid injection raise the blood sugar level?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
It is quite likely that your high sugar levels have been caused by the steroid injection.
Steroids are known to precipitate diabetes and specially Pre diabetic people.
You should consult your doctor and get a prescription for some anti diabetic medicine.
If high sugar levels are really due to steroid injection,then they should get settled in some time as the effect of steroid injection wears off.
However you need anti diabetic medicines at the moment.
Take care of your diet very well and avoid sugar at every cost.
Some brisk walking s also advised to you but since you just had injection so you might wait for sometime before you resume your walks.
You can add metformin 500 mg twice a day for your sugar control but please do talk to your doctor regarding this.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood clot steroid injection
- Blood sugars normal with steroid
- Steroids and low blood sugar
- Anabolic steroids and low blood sugar
- High prolactin levels steroid injections
- Steroids and blood sugar
- High blood sugar following steroid injection
- Steroid injections and blood pressure
- 159 blood sugar on steroids
- Steroids and raised blood sugar