Does steroid injection or microgynon delay period?
Thanks for your query.
Microgynon is a relatively low dose monophasic pill.
The BNF ( British National Formulary) a drug guide, says that the oestrogen in the contraceptive pill slightly increases the plasma concentration of the steroid but does not mention any effects on the effcicacy of the pill.
So be reassured. There is absolutely no change in the clinical efficacy of the Microgynon if you take steroids concurrently. You are absolutely safe and am sure you will have your periods soon.
Hope this answers your query.
Thanks and Regards
Thank you for writing back.
Well, get a Urine Pregnancy test on Friday if you don't get your periods by then.. If its negative, continue your pills as recommended.
Please accept the answer if you do not have any more queries at this point.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will steroid injections delay my period
- Does steroid injection affect microgynon pill
- Taking microgynon to delay period
- Does steroid injection or microgynon delay period
- Can microgynon cure delayed periods
- Steroid injections and periods
- Irregular period and steroid injection
- Could steroid delay period
- Delayed period from steroids
- Microgynon 30 for delay period