Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Does sprained muscle cause severe pain in leg and hip during sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
about 2 weeks ago I had a shooting pain around the top of my leg and hip on the right side during sex. This was followed by a couple more over the course of the next few days along with a constant mild cramping sensation also on my right side. After the cramping sensation lasted a week I consulted a Dr. at an urgent care facility. He said I strained a deep stomach muscle probably from shoveling or digging my latter out of the ice. ( those were the activities I had done in the days before this began. After refraining from sexual activity and as many other activities I could over this past week it seemed to have gotten better. I began sexual activity again last week and last sunday after sex I had a different kind of pain in my right testicle and ever since a mild ache and minor discomfort. So I've refrained from any activity since figuring maybe I was over doing it or was connected to what ever strain I've done to myself. Again it seemed like it was getting alittle bit better but after 4 feet of snowfall I had no choice but to shovel out today and the discomfort in my right testicle is like day one again with a tired kind of ache in the inside top of my right leg right next to my testicle. I would be grateful to hear your thoughts
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Rest Detailed Answer: Hi As your doctor said you have sprained a muscle probably at the back. This leads to typical pain as you describe. You have to strictly avoid works like shovelling or lifting heavy weights. Take total rest with some pain killers. Dont lift anything or bend too much. Give rest to your back. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor