• question-icon

Does smoking weed interfere with yellow fever and cholera vaccine ?

Posted on Mon, 16 Jun 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi,I will go to XXXXXXX next month, so I took yellow fever vaccine (injection) and cholera vaccine (pill, one for today, another for next week, last one for one month later) in the afternoon. At night around 10pm, I went to my friend's place and he gave me some weeds. I totally forgot the vaccine thing, so I smoked some weeds. Does smoking weeds infulence the vaccination? Do I need to take the vaccine again?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't affect vaccination schedule...

Detailed Answer:

As far as immunization effect is concerned, weed will not interact with it. You will produce as much antibodies as a normal being would do after those vaccinations. So you need not redo what has been done until now.

Hope I answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad