Does smoking a cigarette that fell on harpic cause poisoning?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2014
Sep 2014

Question
My cigarette fell on a bit of harpic. I picked it up, tore out the end and smoked it. Am I poisoned? Should I go to the hospital?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ganesh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You will be fine.

Detailed Answer:
welcome to Health care magic.
Iam Dr. Ganesh.

1.It is just a bit of harpic you are saying at the same time you had removed the contacted part, so you are mostly safe side.

2.More over just with a little touch and smoke there will not be any effect on the body, you don't have to worry about.

3.You have not mentioned even a single symptom, that means there is no effect on your body with that cause.

4.If you have any symptoms, let me know, i will try to guide in right direction or home remedy.

5. Not to worry every thing will be fine. Recommend not to do this kind of things in future, to avoid confusions like this.

Hope it helps you. Wish you a good health.
Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.

Follow-up: Does smoking a cigarette that fell on harpic cause poisoning? 1 hour later
I don't think I tore it off completely. My throat did feel strange and my heart started beating a little heavily. And I got a little bit of a prickling sensation in my stomach right now. But I think it's just paranoia. I drank some 3 glasses of rocksalt water. What do you think?

Answered by Dr. Ganesh 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think it's more due to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
I think its just your anxiety. Those symptoms are unlikely to be related to this event. So please be at rest. Do not be worried.

Hope this answer reassures you.

Thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.