Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Does smoking a cigarette that fell on harpic cause poisoning?

Sep 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2344 Questions
My cigarette fell on a bit of harpic. I picked it up, tore out the end and smoked it. Am I poisoned? Should I go to the hospital?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You will be fine.

Detailed Answer:
welcome to Health care magic.
Iam Dr. Ganesh.

1.It is just a bit of harpic you are saying at the same time you had removed the contacted part, so you are mostly safe side.

2.More over just with a little touch and smoke there will not be any effect on the body, you don't have to worry about.

3.You have not mentioned even a single symptom, that means there is no effect on your body with that cause.

4.If you have any symptoms, let me know, i will try to guide in right direction or home remedy.

5. Not to worry every thing will be fine. Recommend not to do this kind of things in future, to avoid confusions like this.

Hope it helps you. Wish you a good health.
Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does smoking a cigarette that fell on harpic cause poisoning? 1 hour later
I don't think I tore it off completely. My throat did feel strange and my heart started beating a little heavily. And I got a little bit of a prickling sensation in my stomach right now. But I think it's just paranoia. I drank some 3 glasses of rocksalt water. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think it's more due to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
I think its just your anxiety. Those symptoms are unlikely to be related to this event. So please be at rest. Do not be worried.

Hope this answer reassures you.

Thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor