Does sharp pain in the lower left side require medical attention?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Lump
Question: I started out yesterday with some pain in my lower left side and this morning it is a very sharp pain that is there constantly. Do I need to go to the Med Center? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surely yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Pain in lower left side since yesterday that has gone sharp since this morning and is constant needs clinical evaluation, examination by a Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon and investigations such as X-ray of the abdomen, ultrasonography and tests of blood, urine and stool.
This will give the most proper diagnosis so that most appropriate treatment can be planned to get you the best results.

Please give feedback and give some details:
Is there is hernia or bulge at the affected site?
Any urinary symptoms like blood in urine, frequency and burning?
Any other symptoms like bloating, nausea, vomiting, change in stool, radiation of pain to the thigh, scrotum or back?