Does sharp pain above the waist indicate calculus in the urinary system?
What are your charges? I have have Medicare and Compas XXXXXXX health insurances.
Calculus possibility in the urinary tract needs ultrasound examination.
* As per my clinical experience, sharp pain over back above the waist with a history of urinary tract infection indicates possible underlying calculus in the urinary system.
* Recommendations at present
- For nausea, vomiting you require the prescription of antiemetic medicine as Ondansetron, proton pump inhibitor as Omeprazole.
- As the intensity of pain is more, oral pain killer will not help much; an analgesic injection with your health care provider will provide immediate relief.
- Ultrasound of the abdomen & pelvis along with certain blood and urine tests will be a diagnostic tool for the same.
* Regarding health insurance related charges, can drop query at customer care who will match with approved panel hospitals and inform you in details.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sharp pains in scalp
- Hot sharp pain in chest
- Ribcage sharp pain overheating
- Intermittent sharp pain in clitoris
- Intermittent sharp pain around waist and navel area cause
- Sharp pain in left waist when sneezing
- Sharp pain when hungry
- Sharp pains upper body
- Sharp pain minocycline
- Sharp pain in right side of waist
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools