Does sexual intercourse lead to vaginal bleeding?

Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Oct 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Will I Bleed After The Penis Goes In And I'm A Virgin ? I'm Just Curious And How Long It Will Hurt For If It Does Hurt
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..

If the hymen is intact, it might bleed after intercourse. It will be just a small amount. Not heavy. It will stop in half an hour.. The pain of first intercourse will last for a day. It just tolerable pain. You can apply lignocaine jelly for pain.. So dont worry..

Hymen might not be intact in many virgins. Hymen might get ruptured during horse riding, sports activities and during masturbation.. Some have elastic vagina which doesnot bleed during intercourse.

Hope I have answered your query.. Feel free to ask any doubts.. Good day..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad