Does severe pain near the temple require medical attention?
Can be nerve pains, monitor for any rash.
We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, the shooting episodic nature of the pain in the area you specified can be due to nerve pains.
Though doesn't seem to be alot of concern at this moment.
Sometimes some nerve inflammation whether due to infections like herpes or autoimmune may present like this but in that case some superficial rash has to be present alongside the pains.
Other possibilities like vascilitis or any other mass lesion is too early to be considered.
You can monitor the area for any ongoing rash in the next few days. Blood pressure record should also be kept.
If pain recurs repeatedly it may need to be reviewed by your primary care physician to consider for CT brain or blood work up like ESR, and ANA.
Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be used for symptomatic relief if pain persists or recurs.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have severe pain in near to the belly button
- Severe pain in vein in hand
- Pain killers for severe pain
- Severe painful boils near buttockstomach problem
- Inflamed bump on the labia minora severe pain medication
- Severe pain and lump near right shoulder blade
- Severe pain near diaphragm always feeling hungry
- Drugs/medication for severe pain
- Severe pain in the oesophagus
- Epididymitis severe pain
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?