Does risk of miscarriage decrease once foetal heartbeat is seen at 8 weeks?

Excellent
Question
Does the risk of miscarriage decrease once you have seen a heartbeat at 8 weeks?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The chances are decreases.

Detailed Answer:
Yes! the chances of misscarriage is significantly decreases once the heart beat is established.
Misscarriage is mostly occurs in first trimester of pregnancy mainly between 7- 12 weeks, so as you said in your ultrasonography foetal heart beat is established, chances of misscarriage is decreased.
So please do not worried!
Do not take stress and take proper rest.
In your previous questions you have mentioned that you have tiny brown spotting, so please take regular follow up with your treating doctor and get your investigation done time to time.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Wish you good luck for your safe motherhood.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Does risk of miscarriage decrease once foetal heartbeat is seen at 8 weeks? 1 hour later
Thank you. I am 9 weeks in 2 days and there is a heartbeat of 171 bpm. what is the risk % ?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is quite normal.

Detailed Answer:
Nice to see you again.
The normal heart beat during 9 week is around 155- 195bpm, so in your case it is quite normal.
So why you are always worried about misscarriage?
Please do not mind but positive thinking plays a very important role during pregnancy, so please be positive.
Everything is fine in your case, so please be comfortable.
I think this information is useful to you, if you want to ask further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa