Does prolonged intake of Lyrica cause GBS?
Please me email me YYYY@YYYY
Thank you in advance.
1110 Courtright XXXXXXX
East Stroudsburg, PA 00000
Lyrica doesn't cause GBS, is used to treat its symptoms.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Guillain-Barre syndrome is an autoimmune disease characterized by body immune system damaging your nerves.
The exact cause isn't discovered yet, but infections such viral ones can precede it.
Risk factors include viral infections (Influenza virus, Epstein-Barr), surgery, Hodgkin's lymphoma, but no drugs including Lyrica are found to cause or predispose to Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Lyrica is one of the drugs used to ease symptoms of GBS.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On cipralex lyrica having terrible dizzy spells caused by cipralex
- Can lyrica cause dandruff
- Does lyrica or seroquel cause more weight gain
- Why does lyrica cause weight gain
- Will taking lyrica causes weight gain
- Does lyrica cause anxiety
- Does avapro and lyrica cause high bp if taken together
- Is lyrica intake safe when on heart and diabetes medication
- Lyrica cause stomach swelling
- Does sertraline and lyrica cause diarrhea