Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi wani. I will be answering your concerns.
I presume the blood tests were done between cycle d2 to day4.
The units of prolactin is not clear to me. The prolactin level is in nanograms. Isn't it? For this you received Elonda ( Cabergoline).
You have been taking Elonda only since two weeks. Have you done your thyroid function tests? Even decreased functioning of thyroid can increase prolactin level. In my clinic I advise my patients to first take Elonda for two months. Repeat the Prolactin level. Once it is normal to start with follicular tracking and further treatment.
Are you doing this follicular tracking on a natural cycle? As your doctor has started follicular tracking I presume that semen analysis and fallopian tube patency tests are normal.
A dominant follicle of 14 mm on day 12 is acceptable. The follicle grows at the rate of about 1.5 mm daily. Repeat follicular tracking again on 4th March. Once the follicle is 18mm and above I advise you to consult your doctor and take Injection HCG to trigger ovulation so that you can have timed intercourse ( within 48 hours of the injection). I am writing this keeping your age in mind.
What was the thickness of the endometrium (lining of uterus) on day 12. Even this is important for implantation. At the time when the follicle is more than 18 mm, if the endometrial thickness is more than 7mm it is favorable for pregnancy.
Since there is a dominant follicle growing you have chances for pregnancy in this cycle.
To increase your chances of pregnancy maintain normal BMI, stop smoking ( IF you are a smoker) and have regular intercourse at least three times in week.
I hope I have answered your concerns. If you have any further queries, do write to me. i will be happy to answer.
Thank u very much , here the mising items you need, first i did these test at day 3 and prloctin right in nanograms and i recieve elonda for that , my thyroid function is normal 3 month later
Yes dr i got your opinion about wait 2 ms after taking elonda but my age is irritate me very much so i hurry up little and iwill follow you about my sonography details concerning endometrium data really your recommedation make me positive
Thank u alot
Take elonda to make prolactin level normal and then follicular study
Hi XXXX good evening,
Nice to hear from you again. It is good to know that thyroid function tests are normal.
I appreciate your concerns. But a normal prolactin level is important for ovulation to occur. So it is a good practice to take elonda, until you have a normal prolactin level and then start follicular tracking.
Be positive always. I wish you good luck.
If you have any further concerns do write to me through Healthcare Magic.
If you have no further questions to be asked please close the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High prolactin level pregnancies
- Prolactin levels during pregnancy
- Psychological pregnancy and high prolactin
- 400 prolactin during pregnancy
- Can prolactin levels affect blood pressure
- Will high levels of thyroid and prolactin effect pregnancy
- Increased prolactin level and blood pressure
- Increased prolactin level and blood sugar
- Low prolactin levels blood
- High prolactin levels and high blood pressure
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?