• question-icon

Does pressure around the nose and lips cause deformation?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Pulling or pressing/pushing down on skin possibly muscle between nose and mouth/lips does doing that change the shape or position of the nose or lips?
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No it doesn't.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I do not think that there is no such risk involved. The facial skull bones and their joints are made to face and endure much greater pressure than what you describe.

Neither will it cause any changes to the elastic fibers of the skin and muscle or the cartilage of the nose. I am confident you have nothing to fear.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist