Does polidocanol sclerotherapy help cure hydrocele?

Posted on Fri, 5 May 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a hydrocele and would like for it to be treated by needle aspiration and polidocanol injections. I found a 2014 study that found this procedure to be as effective as surgery for preventing recurrence. What is your opinion on the effectiveness of this treatment. I can't afford to be out of work for several weeks recovering from surgery. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Polidocanol sclerotherapy is effective for treatment of hydrocele

Detailed Answer:
Thank You for the query at HealthcareMagic

Treatment of hydrocele with Polidocanol injections (sclerotherapy) is very effective and can be used as primary treatment method.
Recurrence is rare. Recovery time is very less and you can go back to daily activities in a day.

Hope I was able to help you
Please address further queries
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 33 minutes later
Thanks for your answer. I'll attempt to convince my urologist during my next appointment. He seems to favor surgery in all cases.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thankyou for following up
Please address any more concerns /questions here
If you do not need further clarifications, please close and rate this discussion

Wishing you good health
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal