Does pinched nerve improve by itself?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Last year I was diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my lower back. Surgery was scheduled but was cancelled due to my wife's health. At the time I was on a walker and could barley get around.Fast forward to today. I can walk O.K. My legs are a little weak with my left left leg being the weakest. My gait is not normal but I have no trouble walking today.Inclines give me a little challenge but am am able to cover them. Question! Will my pinched nerve continue to improve or will it one day go back to where it was before or is it anybodys guess?
XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload your MRI scan/report.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

First of all,it is on the positive side that you have improved significantly since last year.If you are regular on spinal exercises,hopefully you will continue to improve further.
However,I would like to review the severity of your pinched nerve in order to make an impression about the future course.So,please upload your MRI CD or images along with report.You can upload the MRI CD on google drive and share the link here in the follow-up question,so that I can download the CD and view the MRI with dicom viewer.

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)