Does phototherapy have any adverse effect on a new born's health?
I want to know
1) if 21mg/dl is high for 6 day kid whos weight is 3.1 KG
2) Does phototherapy has any adverse impact on baby health , eyesight considering he will be kept in bright light
Phototherapy is required and eyes should be covered
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
At day 6 of life 21 mg/dl is high and it definitely require phototherapy.
Child should be kept under phototherapy and daily monitoring of bilirubin levels should be done.
Phototherapy has side effects on genitals and eyes so during phototherapy eyes and genitals are covered.
I hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Artificial phototherapy
- Taxim during phototherapy
- Harm from phototherapy to genitals
- Phototherapy diarrhea
- Phototherapy for children
- Kit for phototherapy jaundice
- Light phototherapy white patches
- Phototherapy thyroid area
- Who invented phototherapy
- Does phototherapy to new borns cause darkening of skin