Does persistent weakness in the arm require medical attention as per the attached CT scan?
I have a CT scan report for him on a case he was looking at.
CT report interpretation
Welcome back. Sorry for replying late. I was busy at my hospital.
After reading the new CT cervical spine report, I can analyse that
- Her cervical spine decompression is good. There is no spinal canal or neural foramina narrowing.
- Her bony alignement is okay except minimal listhesis at C4-5 level. Usually this much listhesis does not cause any symptoms.
- Only worrisome thing is loss of cervical lordosis. It is suggesting that her neck muscles are in spasm. It can be due to pain and/or poor physiotherapy.
Based on CT report, my suggestion is
- Ask her to do good neck exercise and stretching
- Avoid lifting any kind of weight
- Hot fomentation thrice a day
- Apply diclofenac gel to relieve pain
- If still spasm and pain persists, she can take tablet diclofenac with chlorzoxazone after prescription.
It will help her. Please also tell me hows she? Is she improved or same?
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thanks too for asking how she is. Overall she is mostly the same and, having persevered this for 3 years, she says she is learning to live with the pain. Our biggest concern is she might actually be getting worse because there is gradual weakness in her arms. She now has to hold a cup of coffee with both hands to manage. That's disconcerting. But was shall follow your instructions above and report later on progress.
Thank you for appreciation
As her CT cervical spine is almost normal, the weakness should not increase because of compression or narrowing. For her weakness, please
- Get her power assessment done from a physiotherapist or doctor. Compare it with her old records. It will give an idea of damage and its degree.
- If there is significant decrease, nerve conduction studies and electromyography of concerned nerve and muscle can identify the damage and its type.
After this, the treatment of weakness can be given. Till then, continue the previously mentioned treatment.
I really hope she recovers.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ishu Bishnoi, Neurologist, Surgica
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ct scan for lumps under arm
- Cure for infraction in ct scan
- Ct scan cortisone injection
- Ct scan of left upper arm
- Cysts on liver discovered after ct scan medication
- Ct scan reports got is surgery required suggestions
- Ct scan brain infarct
- Ct scan results cloudy
- Weakness after ct scan
- Period before ct scan
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?