question-icon

Does persistent locking of knuckles require a medical consultation?

Posted on 6 days ago
Question: when bring my ring finger down, the knuckle locks for a second before I bring it back up. is that natural or is something wrong with it?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Trigger finger is there.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and health concern,you are having trigger finger.

Trigger finger is a condition in which one of your fingers gets stuck in a bent position.

Your finger may bend or straighten with a snap — like a trigger being pulled and released.

It occurs when inflammation narrows the space within the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger.

If trigger finger is severe, your finger may become locked in a bent position.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon