Does persistent high body temperature pose a health risk?
Paracetamol or acetaminophen should help.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. Irrespective of treatment, the viral infections are self limiting and usually resolve in a week or so. Often such viral infections manifest with fever. Such infections are frequently associated with an allergic component and it is advisable to take some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for next few days.
If you have a temperature more than 100°F, you need to take paracetamol or acetaminophen (Crocin or Tylenol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging. Meftal P is more effective but is a prescription medicine which can help.
You need to take steam inhalation. It helps in reducing the congestion. The water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief.
Please be patient. It may take a few days for the recovery to occur. It should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days.
Hopefully, that would help.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Risks of high body temperature
- Constantly high body temperature
- High body temperature health effects
- Diabetes high body temperature
- Abnormally high body temperature
- High body temperature and vomiting
- High body temperature and heartburn
- High body temperature at night
- Reasons for high body temperature
- Medication high body temperature