Does paracetamol interact with Lorazepam and Cipralex?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi.

I take 0.5 mg of lorazepam morning and evening and 10mg of Cipralex for my anxiety. Is it safe to take regular paracetamol for a headache?

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but there are no reported drug interactions between paracetamol and the medications you are using , so it is safe to use it..however it usually advised to take medications three hours apart.. Also using LORazepam together with cipralex may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery.. I hope you find this helpful ..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana