Does pain on the back after a fall indicate internal bleeding?
Would a cold compress work better for pain?
I'm concerned about internal bleeding more than a vertebrae being out of place
various possibilities as external or internal issue .guidelines given .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* There can be various types of effects from this incidence as muscle stretch ,
sprain or internal organ insult in form of swelling or else .
* Internal bleed in kidney represent with substantial amount of pain , blood in
urine and other features , so do not panic at present .
* Recommendations at present
- Alternate application of heating pad and ice pack each for 5 minutes at an
interval of 3 hours .
- Bed rest with home ambulation .
- Avoid sleeping on right side .
- Maintain his hydration with plenty of liquids .
- Give narrated medicines every 6 hourly after meals preferably with antacids as
- Local application of analgesic spray or ointment also helps .
* Watch for any
- onset of fever , vomiting , increased pain , blood in urine
In which case make him to get visit to ER .
* Follow up after 24 hours or early as per the requirement .
Wishing him fine recovery .
Regards take care .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Internal bleeding from a fall
- Internal bleeding after hernia surgery
- Internal bleeding after appendectomy
- Internal bleeding after laparoscopic surgery
- Falling stairs internal bleeding
- Internal bleeding after miscarriage
- Internal bleeding after hitting head
- Signs of internal bleeding after a miscarriage
- Could redness near eye after an injury indicate internal bleeding
- Internal bleeding after angioplasty