Does pain in waist and normal creatinine level suggest kidney stones?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
i am having pain at waist area on the left side it seems the pain is going down upto my thigh area.
i had previously faced the stone and rise in creatnine issue 2 months back. i had my creatinine checked last week which is at 0.9 and fall under normal category.
is this pain is because of kidney stone?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably not from Kidney Stone

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. I see in your medical history that you suffered from a bout of Acute Renal Failure 2 months back (your creatinine XXXXXXX briefly).

Kidney stones can occur in these circumstances and the best way to rule the problem out is to get an ultrasound of the kidney done. I have a feeling that that will come out negative.

I think that your are suffering from back pain and once you have ruled out kidney issues, you will need an MRI to look at the bones of your back.

So, to sum up, I suggest you get an ultrasound of the kidneys first, to rule out kidney stones. Once the result is back, we can discuss it and see what the next steps are.

Looking forward to your reply

Vinay