Does pain in the penis and legs indicate a neurological condition?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 23 Oct 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: This is a follow-up reply to Dr. XXXXXXX A.T. The urine culture sensitivity test came back negative. The urologist I visited previously had suggested (before the test) that it could be an allergic reaction, but I have been wearing underwear and pants washed in allergy-free baby detergent and have had no change in my situation.

Given that I have been examined by a urologist and have had two standard urinalyses performed plus an additional urine culture sensitivity test (all tests were negative), I'm compelled to believe that the pain in my penis, which often triggers further light pain down my legs to my feet, is something neurological as the pain only seems to come after extended sitting where there is pressure, or when I'm exercising. I generally feel nothing in the morning after laying down all night without the pressure.

Do you think this could be neurological? If so, why would this occur? My family history does show diabetes. Is it possible that I now have this and it is causing damage or an attack to my nerves? I'm just searching for answers.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer:

I would opine after having a look

Detailed Answer:

Urine culture coming negative is a clear indication of the absence of infection.

Please attach an image of your penis with foreskin retracted and point at the spot where you experience the pain.

The neurological pain in diabetics can involve the penis as the sensory nerves supplied by the penis are rarely affected.

In diabetes or any other neurological conditions, it's the sympathetic nerves which get affected which more often presents with ED.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Raju A.T, General & Family Physician