Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
ADVICE FOR CHEST PAIN FOLLOWING SUDDEN FORWARD BEND
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
See, rib fracture following sudden bending forward is not common and rather it is unlikely unless you are very heavy and unfit or you have got a very weak bony system in cases like osteoporosis or osteogenesis imperfecta. You have yourself said that you are in good shape; so its unlikely. But chances cannot be ruled out.
Rather a chance of muscle sprain is quite possible and such sprains are common when you do sudden and hyperextended or hyperflexed movements like sudden bending forward or stretching to get to something.
I would suggest you to do the following-
Rest for 5 days
Avoid movements, mostly stretching and hyperextension and hyperflexion
Apply ice twice or thrice daily for 2-3 days
Take ibuprofen as you were taking
Add pantoprazole tablets before food
Get a CHEST XRAY AP AND LATETAL VIEW done
Contact me with the reports or visit your doctor if pain and discomfort does not decrease.
Hope i have answered your question.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kinesiotape rib fractures
- Types of rib fractures
- Rib fracture return to work
- Posterior rib fracture symptoms
- Treatment of multiple rib fractures
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Flying after rib fractures
- Left lower rib fracture damage organ
- Posterior rib fracture
- Could an old rib fracture be causing periodical pains
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?