Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
Will over dose of Piopar tab cause leg lymphodoema? For example instead of taking 7.5mg Piopar twice daily a person was taking 15mg Piopar daily along with other medicines for Diabetes like Gluformin 500 thrice daily and Reclide 40mg twice daily. Now his leg has developed swelling at ankle, feet etc. Kindly advise since one doctor was of the view that over intake of Piopar causes excessive retention of water in the system.
ADVICE REGARDING ANKLE AND FEET SWELLING FOLLOWING INTAKE OF PIOGLITAZONE
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
See, piopar or pioglitazone is an oral antidiabetic drug mostly used in type 2 diabetes mellitus alongwith drugs like metformin.
Water retention and weight gain are quite common side effects of this drug. Water retention leads to swelling of most commonly ankle and foot, sometimes face and fingers. And moreover, not only overdose but normal regular dose can cause this symptom. So, your query is quite apt and logical.
However, the other two drugs are not associated with the above side effects.
I would suggest you to consult your doctor and tell him about this problem. He/ she would be able to change this medicine if needed. Sustained release metformin with sitagliptin/vildagliptin combination are very good choices these days. You can discuss it with your treating doctor.
Hope i have answered your question.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leg cramp causing leg to buckle
- Piopar medicine side effects review
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- Having bruises over legs and feet swollen cause
- What could cause moles all over the leg
- Leg cramps cause leg bruising
- Piopar 15 tablets side effects
- Piopar 15 side effects
- Side effects of piopar tablets
- Piopar side effects
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?