Does one get HIV infection on blood contact with burnt skin?

General Surgeon
Question
Sir, my age -33 and I am a male. Sir, today my skin on hand touched the silencer of my bike(which was hot) and the skin burnt. There was no visible blood on the burnt area but it was reddish like color. After some time while I was returning with my bike some liquid (Don't know what is that) fell on that burnt area. My question is if that liquid is blood or any other body fluid which may be infected with HIV and it fell on my burnt skin immediately after coming out of the infected person's body. Am I having the risk of HIV infection in this way ??? Can HIV enter through burnt skin ??? Please help me.
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
unlikely to get infected by hiv

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

You are unlikely to get infected by HIV . Because you just had burnt reddish skin and there was no blood oozing from it and also no loss of skin layer.

Hiv won't enter intact burnt skin. if that another person have hiv then also you are not at risk of transmission.

If still you have any doubt then you may get hiv kit test after 3months or hiv rna test after 2weeks of exposure. It will give 100% result.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil