Does nutritional deficiency result in deformity?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Kindy provide an opinion as to if this condition is since childhood or acquired. Is the deformity due to Nutritional Deficiency ? Vitamind D plus profile - 25 Hydroxy(OH) Vit D - Observed value 18.80.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to nutritional deficiency.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached images. The dislocation of patella is usually acquired and is related to nutritional deficiency. in the images provided there seems to be a slight problem in the left knee since childhood. But the condition has progressed due to nutritional problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal