Does not wearing underwear cause any disease?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: HELLO. THIS IS AMU FROM XXXXXXX I HAVE ONE SIMPLE QUERY IN MIND SINCE A LONG TIME. FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS OR SO, I HAVE NOT BEEN WEARING ANY UNDERWEAR AT ALL, BECAUSE IT SEEMS UNBEARABLE AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TO ME, WHENEVER I WEAR IT. I CANT EVEN WEAR IT FOR EVEN 5 MINUTES IN A DAY. I FIND IT SO DISCOMFORTING.
NOW MY QUESTION IS. DOES WEARING NO UNDERWEAR AT ALL, [ALL YOUR LIFE] HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS. I REALLY WANT GOOD SOLID ADVICE, AS THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN HAUNTING ME FOR WEEKS NOW. IS THERE ANY THREAT TO THE TESTICLES SIZE [OR ANYTHING ELSE CAN HAPPEN TO YOUR TESTICLES??] OR ANYTHING SERIOUS CAN HAPPEN DUE TO NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT ALL.
PLEASE REPLY IN MORE THAN ONE SINGLE LINE, AS THIS WILL GIVE ME IMMENSE SATISFACTION. WAITING VERY ANXIOUSLY FOR YOUR REPLY.
AMU XXXXXXX
AGE : 37 YEARS
SEX : MALE
HEIGHT : 5'8"
WEIGHT : 160 POUNDS
MEDICAL HISTORY : NONE AS SUCH. I AM A FIT AND HEALTHY MAN
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
It is advisable to wear an underwear because it is made of cotton and it absorbs all the sweat produced, which might otherwise cause fungal infection.
Once you stop wearing an underwear and start wearing it again, the discomfort you are feeling is very natural. It would go away with time, once you start wearing it again. Initially avoid wearing frenchies, they cause more discomfort.
They definitely provide support to your testicles but it doesn't mean that if you don't wear them your testicles would hang down.
As a doctor, i would advise you to start wearing them again, after a few days you would be as comfortable as you are without wearing them.
They also provide you protection from sweats one by absorbing it and second by avoiding contact of your thighs, penis, and testicles with the pant or jeans that a person usually wear 3-4 times before washing.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD