Does nano-surgery help cure severe back pain?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Back Pain
Question: What are nano procedures? Is thee some kind of non invasive surgery for back problems, specifically curvature of the spine?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nano surgery not possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

Nano procedure is a procedure where the surgical intervention is performed through very small incision. Essentially the underlying structures need to be small too, as in case of eye surgery. But in cases where the structures are gross or require significant manipulation, nano surgery is not possible.

In case of problems related to curvature of spine, non-invasive procedures like traction and/or bracing are possible but the feasibility depends upon the extent and severity. Nano surgery is not possible in any case.