Does myocardial infarction cause vomiting?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
My brother is 68 years old. he was complaining of vomiting, couldn't keep any food down, he has diabetes,type 2, he had a catherization and had a myocardial infarction while this was going on. his widow maker's artery was 99% blocked. a stint was put in. he went home and is still vomiting, can't eat anything, and some diarrhea. he went to the er 2 more times and was hospitalized 2 more times. in all he has been in the hospital 3 times since Nov. 1. he lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks. he is in congestive heart failure, and was told he had gastroporesis and sent home the second time. still could not eat or keep anything down. was admitted a third time through the ER and they ran gallbladder test, some say tell us it is his gallbladder, some say is not. that it is his heart. we are thinking of transferring him to another hospital. any suggestions?
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take a second opinion

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your brother health and I would like to tell you that During myocardial infraction vomiting does happen in some patients but it mostly get settled once the blocked artery is opened.

I think he is having some gastric issues also which needs proper evaluation by a Gastroenterologist. So its advisable that you should take him to another hospital for proper evaluation.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap