Does my ultrasound result indicate pregnancy?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I did an ultrasound n i have a cyst with blood in it on my right ovary. it also showed that my endometrium was 16mm. Am i pregnant in 1st trimester??
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 2 hours later

No, you are unlikely to be pregnant as there was no fetus or gestational sac seen on the ultrasound. You can do a home urine pregnancy test to confirm the same if you have missed your periods.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
But i have a tilted uterus n i heard its harder to see im rarly prengancy im not dued untill 6 days
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
wait till the due date

Detailed Answer:

Tilted uterus is not a major hinderance. But as you are still not due for 6 days, then transabdominal usg will not be able to pick up such an early pregnancy.

So either you go for a transvaginal usg or get a blood HCG levels done to know about it. Only these two can tell at this stage. Else you need to wait for about a week more after your due date for a urine pregnancy test to show the result.

The blood in ovary only suggest that the egg has been released and the endometrium thickness is just adequate, though not very good.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju