Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Does my ultrasound result explain my discomfort pelvic pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 562 Questions
Can u please explain the results of my attached ultrasound to me and whether it may be the reason i have pelvic pain bad enough to need lortab 5mg's prescribed
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help you Detailed Answer: I am so sorry that you have been experiencing so much pain and discomfort. pelvic pain can be very frustrating, especially because it can be so hard to identify what the cause is. the ultrasound results that you attached (and thank you so much for attaching the ultrasound!) are essentially normal, and probably don't explain your pain at all. at your age, the thickened endometrium is also normal, and most likely reflects the stage of your cycle. even though the radiologist suggested a hysterosonogram, I think that most gynecologists would agree that it would not be helpful, as the result were normal. the fact is that very often an ultrasound will not reveal the cause of pelvic pain. it still makes sense to get an ultrasound, because sometimes if might show something obvious, but very often the results are similar to what happened in your case, and further evaluations may need to be done. the most likely cause of pelvic pain that cannot be seen in an ultrasound is endometriosis. I do believe that you should explore this possibility with your doctor and ask him/her about how this can be evaluated and treated. please let me know if you have any more questions, I hope I helped you understand the results, and I would be happy to give you any more information you might need.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor