• question-icon

Does morning after pill cause acne?

Posted on Mon, 3 Nov 2014 in Birth Control
Question: hi, I am based in XXXXXXX , if I need to take an morning after pill , will this result in acne? I have never taken one before, please advice
Answered by Dr. S Patra 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Usually, it doesn't cause acne.

Detailed Answer:

Morning after pill has NOT been shown to cause any serious or long-term health problems. Eventually, it DOESN'T cause acne, rather it helps to clear off.

However, acne-prone women may face this problem due to heavy dose of steroid. Use face wash and cleanser if you have acne problem.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist