Does masturbation weaken the body?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Aug 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Just masterbuting weaken your body,is it healthily or harmful.just it have side effect
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Masturbation is harmless when you do it 2 to 3 times in a week

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Masturbation within limits is a safe and pleasurable sexual activity enjoyed by most people. It is said that masturbation is normal 2 to 3 times a week and up to once daily. This basically releases sexual tension and is also lowers stress.

2. Its true that masturbating a lot can lead to fatigue resulting in weak erections which cannot be sustained more than a few minutes. This occurs mainly due to neurochemical depletion and hormone imbalance. Therefore it should not be done too much.

3. Masturbation becomes a problem when your mind is busy with thoughts of masturbation and sexual nature and you are unable to concentrate on your work and study. Overdoing it might cause anxiety also and lead to addictive behavior.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek