Does masturbation have severe effects on memory power?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: My age is 32 years old and I have been masturbating since my age 15 and I suffered a lot and I can't stop it. Masturbation affects my memory And my relationships and I can't concentrate anymore
Please I need your advice and any medicine or herbal for these effects
NB: I tried to change my habits by reading and going to the gym and meets girls but I can't stop masturbation and I started to lose my concentration and a big memory loss
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a safe habit but get rid of guilt

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for choosing healthcare magic
Masturbation is a safe sexual self gratification method. It is no different than vaginal sex. The only difference is that in masturbation, your hand moves while in vaginal sex, penis moves back and forth. If vaginal sex can not cause damage, how can masturbation be harmful? It is one of the commonest myth regarding human sexuality. The reason for poor concentration is anxiety, not masturbation so don't run after the ads for stopping masturbation, rather start enjoying it.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
anxiety?
but can anxiety affects my concentration, self confidence and self esteem?
also I didn't mention that I like watching porn movies a lot and I spent a lot of money on it.
so if anxiety is my main problem how to recover and return back to normal life.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Affecting concentration adversely is main symptom

Detailed Answer:
Hello
yes, reducing concentration is the main symptom of anxiety. Please download Hamilton's Anxiety Rating Scale and inform how did you fare?
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 hours later
my score was 41
I think this score is above average. so please how can you help me?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take SSRI

Detailed Answer:
hello
Yes,this is pretty high. You can start to take SSRI like Paroxetine CR12.5 to 25 mg a day plus breathing exercises.
DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 14 minutes later
is it a must to take medicine cause I used from 3 years ago to take cipralex.and seroxat? and I think they didn't help me cause I need to find the problem and solve it
Brief Answer:
Please start on medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Anxiety Disorder is like any other physical disorder. You are trying to say you will find the problem first but medicines help you to cope with the problem . Untreated anxiety not only cause slow damage to cerebral neurones and make the chances of recovery that much slimmer, it's manifestations cause considerable underachievement so it is critical that you start on medicines. Non response can be due to many factors- improper and incomplete diagnosis, poor compliance or inadequate dose.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa