• question-icon

Does masturbation cause erectile dysfunction?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello sir, I am 24 years old Male, I am addicted to masturbation from the age of 16. Now I felt like my penis is not standing properly even for 10%(I felt it in 2015 but was unable to discuss it with anyone). I guess all this happened because of my over masturbation. Once I had sex with my girlfriend and i was unable to feel the pleasurMy weight is also around 85kg. My parents are now looking for a bride for me. I am afraid about my sexual health. Kindly help me.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that masturbation is generally harmless and not associated with any kind of side effects including sexual dysfunction.

Coming to your another part of query I need following information before suggesting further course of action.

1. How long you are facing the problem? Have you experienced similar issues in the past?

2. How the problem started ? It was built up slowly or abruptly?

3. What could be the factor according to you for onset of problem? Just have a thought according to you. Try to think beyond masturbation.

4. What number of sexual intercourse/masturbation failed in last one year and in last one month?

5. What are the factors that increase the problem?

6. Factors that relieve the problem- you can describe them in detail if any?

7. Do you get early morning erection?

8. If yes how frequent and how intense? Please answer this necessarily.

9. Details of past medical illnesses, like duration, any complications, treatment received till date.

10. Investigations done till date and reports.

11. Do you have any psychiatric illness?

12.Any other problem you like to report

14. Your body weight and height

I must assure you that once we know the cause I can you guide you better in regard to treatment.

Thanks again

I look forward to see above details.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Respected Sir,
I am answering the questions that you have asked to me:
1. How long are you facing the problem? Have you experienced similar issues in the past?
Sir, I am facing this problem from the last 4 years. I am now 24 years old. I never discussed this with anyone. Even though my penis was not standing straight I continued masturbating. Almost all the seven days I masturbated. I still remember an incident in my degree time 2012, I can't feel the pain in my penis, if some ball got hit by by-chance

2. How the problem started? It was built up slowly or abruptly?
From the year 2008, I am masturbating, and still, it continues. I lost my erection i.e., my penis is not standing straight in 2011 itself. It was partially standing, I did masturbation again by watching nude pictures, and videos. I think it was built up slowly because of my over work with the penis.

I used to watch porn as a teenager and from that time till now I used to masturbate. I can't stop myself from masturbation. Yesterday also I masturbated. One marriage proposal came to me, so from that time I decided to consult a doctor, that’s how I found this online.

I did sexual intercourse for 2 times in my entire lifetime. The first time intercourse was like due to my weight I did it slowly and she was on my top, but still, I was not feeling that my penis was inserted into a vagina. I did not tell her. I was not cumming too. She then jerk off my penis. I cannot feel that I am inserting into a vagina, maybe because I am using a condom.

I think my massive masturbation, which is beyond limits. Also in 2017, my penis is not standing still. But I am able to masturbate and can also cum. The main thing is like I can’t make my penis stand erect even for 40 sec.

I have noticed, one thing that If I am not masturbating for some days, or if I cum in my sleep, I feel like the working of the penis will be all-right. Also if I eat chicken, eggs, beef, cashew nuts and all, I am not getting my penis stand straight but while masturbating I can understand that the white sperm is more, that I cum.

7. Do you get early morning erection?
Yeah, I have found that sometimes, when I wakeup at early morning, my penis will be in erection stage. I am feeling like my penis have become older like an old man’s penis even at my age of 24.

Not all the time, but it gets certain power but not erecting completely like when I was in 9th standard.

Nill

Nill

Nill

12.Any other problem you like to report
I am really suffering from my penis problem. I am doubtful that if I marry I cannot satisfy my wife. Please do help me.

14. Your body weight and height
Weight: 86 kg
Height: 175 cm
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is need to do following

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me with valuable details.

From the available description I feel you need to act fast before it is too late

1. Daily exercise
2. Plenty of fluid intake
3. Avoid pornography
4. Stop masturbation
5. Reduce weight

Get the following tests from nearby laboratory
1. Complete blood count
2. Blood sugar
3. Blood urea and serum creatinine
4. LFT
5. Lipid profile
6. Thyroid profile
7. Testosterone
8. Prolactin
9. LH
10. FSH
11. Penile doppler study

Once this is done revert back to me.

If possible get your blood pressure measured from local doctor in your city.

I look forward to assist you further.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist