Does masturbation cause erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: I have been masturbating several times in a day for the past 15 years (Age 30) I am afraid that I am now permanently affected by erectile dysfunction. I consulted a Dr and he did certain test
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The treatment will work. Recreate yourself psychologically for best results

Detailed Answer:

Please take a note of these points --

1. Masturbation does not lead to erectile dysfunction.
2. However, ED is most commonly the results of psychological anxiety.
3. The medicines given to you, especially stablon and clodep act in an anxiety reducing fashion.
4. The drug Tadalafil is correctly prescribed to enhance erection.

Specifically, Tadalafil increases blood supply to the penis, enhancing erection. However, this does not work if the mind is anxious, disturbed or there is not sufficient sexual stimulus.

The best way out here is to find a sexual partner.

This will eliminate both issues - fears that masturbation creates in you and a strong enough reason to get sexually aroused.

I feel that this treatment will work - however, please be patient, give it some time, 'cure' is based on multiple factors and not just by consumption of the pills.

Stay relaxed, don't stress out yourself.

Note that tadalafil needs to be taken some time before sexual activity.

I hope that your question is answered. Feel free to ask further.

Thanks.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee