Does masturbation cause any side effects?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: Is there a symptom from masterbate for more then 10 years
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no symptom due to masturbation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

Fortunately masturbation is natural replica of sexual activity and it is completely free of any bad or side effects. Other than this it is more safe than natural intercourse as there is no risk of any sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.

If you practice it excessively there might be some tiredness or muscle soreness which can occur with any kind of excessive muscular activity otherwise it is completely safe.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 12 minutes later
But when it's time for sexual intercourse, I can get hard for a moment then it gets soft
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There could be other issue

Detailed Answer:
Dear Edaward,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Transient problem with erection is very common and it could not be labelled a erectile dysfunction. Other than if you are not able to maintain erection on regular basis it indicates that you may be having other issues such as performance anxiety which is very common among youngsters.

I request you to provide further details like any systemic disease or medication which you are taking currently.

This will help me to identify the cause of your problem so appropriate action can be taken.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
I don't take any medication at all
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get following reports

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Welcome back to HCM.

If you are not receiving any medication or do not suffer from any systemic diseases we need to do comprehensive evaluations to find out the cause of problem.

If I could have been your doctor my first strategy will be to rule out any hormonal problem as they are the most common cause of such problem next to systemic diseases and medications.

I request you to get your hormone profile done including serum LH, FSH, Testosterone and TSH.

Thanks and Regards
Dr Ashok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari