Does marijuana use increase the risk of heart disease?
Following answer to your query...
Hi Reza and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Smoking marijuana will cause an increase of heart rate by two folds for three hours after using it. Also marijuana use cause a lowering of blood pressure.
By combining these two factors in a patient with Wolff Parkinson White syndrome marijuana use increase the risk for causing arrhythmia (tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, heart attack etc.) with hypotension and cardiac shock.
As you can see marijuana use in patients with Wolff Parkinson White syndrome increase the risk for causing life threatening cardiac events. This is why i strongly suggest to stop smoking marijuana.
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Modifiable risk factors for heart disease
- Smoking marijuana with coronary heart disease
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Marijuana prevent heart disease
- Use of penegra in valvular heart disease
- What are modififable risk for heart disease
- Risk of teeth extraction with heart disease
- Daflon use heart disease patient
- Is it dangerous to use nitroglycerene in heart disease
- Eating marijuana and heart disease