Does lupus progress with time?

Question
I've asked questions earlier this evening and have not got responses. I was told several years ago that I had a mild case of lupus. Is this a disease that can progress with time to that point that I now need a care taker?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it progresses

Detailed Answer:
To directly answer your question, yes it is progressive illness that can damage organs like kidney, joints and skin. it definitely impairs quality of life, cause a huge impact on health as well. The rate of progress varies amongst individuals but higher than controls. A third of them have baseline damage of organs and half of them had moderate to severe damage in two years of time.
Let me know how is your life hampered and what kinda help you need now.

Follow-up: Does lupus progress with time? 1 hour later
I have extreme fatigue and am in need of assistance with just about all the activities of daily living. I have a care taker 4 hours a day to get me through. and am completely dependent on that.

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fatigue is part of lupus syndrome

Detailed Answer:
you seem to have severe fatigue with cells started affecting.
this is part of lupus syndrome.
You should take treatment to recover from fatigue. there are good and advanced treatment available.