Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Does lump in breast with pain and tenderness,need doctor's examination?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Hi Dr Grief I am a 44 year old female. I am experiencing pain and tenderness in both of my breasts and I have discovered a lump in my left breast. I also have been experiencing a sharp shooting pain in my lower right forearm. Should I have see my doctor about these symptoms? Thanks Lindy
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lump in the breast warrants doctor examination Detailed Answer: Hi Pain and tenderness in the both the breasts could be because of cyclical hormonal changes or due to inflammation in the breast. A new lump in the left breast concerns me. It always requires a doctor's examination to note the nature of the lump and record the findings. The other symptoms of shooting pain in the lower right forearm may be incidental and may not be due to breast changes. You can address this issue while you see your regular doctor for breast examination. Hope this answers you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor