Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Does low sperm count and phimosis affects ability to get pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Hello, I am involved with a man who is over 50. He has a very tight and long foreskin. When i did a research on it, I learnt that it is a condition is likely called phimosis. He is unwilling to get circumcised even though i have complained several times about my health. He also suffers from a low sperm count which has affected our ability to get pregnant. Could this condition be a factor? Are there any suggestions that you could make.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Kindly let him--

1. Check his sugar levels and get it under control - if high.
2. Try retraction, cleaning of the foreskin and the penis head during showers with soap and water to maintain hygiene.
3. Apply lubricants like KY JELLY or coconut oil periodically to the foreskin to soften and moisten it.
If the above do not help, kindly see a doctor to see if the foreskin is too tight, presence of infection and whether medicines in the form of ointments would help.
It too tight, removal of the foreskin by surgery may be needed.

If not willing for circumcision, limited incision procedures like preputioplasty and dorsal slit can be done, though may not be cosmetic, but solves the purpose of keeping the skin loose that would help maintain hygiene.

Low sperm count is NOT related to tight foreskin.

Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any---
Wishing you best health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor