Does liver detoxification help in boosting metabolism?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 7 Nov 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi Doc, I am a 43 yr healthy female. I have weight across my midsection which is very difficult to loose. I lead a very healthy life style with regular exercise and eating fresh and unprocessed foods. This started after I turned 40.

I have read articles on liver detoxification and about Liv52. Please let me know if it helps in boosting metabolism and reduces fat.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Liv 52 is a good liver detox agent

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Liv 52 is a good liver detox agent but there are no studies proving it helps anyway in reducing weight by boosting metabolism

The obesity in this age could be because of hormonal changes and it is always better to see a good dietician and get you diet planned along with a regular exercise schedule

Hope this helps
Do write back in case more information is needed

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj